Sunday, February 23, 2020

A Gloomy Cold Wet Sunday

What to do on a blah day like today when it is  snowing, cloudy, and cold?  Well firstly, make his Lordship move furniture around.  We have been meaning to flip the office and guest room as we are getting ready for a upstairs bathroom remodel.  So the desks went up and the bed went down.  His Lordship suffered badly as a picture fell on his head and he got his ankle squashed.

In addition, I found time to make a tiny leather covered book and finish gluing my scales.  These items are entirely made with up cycled materials from Who Gives a Scrap - a creative reuse center.  I think they turned out pretty cute.
Hope your weather is a little better than ours.

11 comments:

  1. Love the scales, the column and the book! And I hope a good stiff drink will cure His Lordship of his grievous wounds. Or two perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has had his two drinks and hasn't been complaining so I believe he'll live.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You're quite talented, and I really, really love that book so much! It would be a great and clever cover for one of my Planners. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many many tutorials on coverings with leather. I am sure you can find one that would help with your planner. What I love about tiny books is one can use scraps.

      Delete
  3. As always beautiful work. Love the owl detail, that’s the kind of scale you could weigh souls with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that cute little owl at Who Gives a Scrap. They have an amazing bin called "broken but still good jewelry". It's a treasure trove for those who love to dig. I was thinking of weighing potion ingredients with the scale but souls work too.

      Delete
  4. It's magnificent! I'll take a full size of all of them, please!!!

    I love bins labelled "broken but still good" ... lucky thing I don't live close to any stores that have those. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'm totally blaming you for my purchase this morning ... an antique Draper's Shop display that had been converted into a mourning shop display, which I'm going to reconvert into MY version of a mourning shop display.

      And now I'm online looking for miniature sewing things to add to it! Jeezus. My poor kids. lol

      Delete
    2. Wow - awesome. I can't wait to see that. A mourning shop will be so cool.

      Delete
    3. Check this out! Although I can't imagine you haven't already seen it ... lol

      https://kitkraft.com/learn/pollyanne-hornbecks-haunted-dollhouse

      Delete
    4. I love it! She looks like a kindred soul to me. Love all the details of her graveyard - those skulls impaled on spikes are to die for!

      Delete