Monday, September 3, 2018

Now I understand what Emma knew

I remember reading once that Charles Darwin often boiled carcasses of animals in his house so that he could compare skeletons.  His wife Emma did not like the smell.  Well, now that I have experienced such, I can totally agree with Emma.

Back in June, we had one of our tenants go AWOL.  He left our rental full of stuff and disappeared.  We had to pack, move and store his things and now are in the process of getting rid of them.  He left a cool deer skull I have decided to keep.

The only problem was there were still a few bits of hide and flesh on it.  I left it outside hoping nature would do its job.  But that takes a long time so his Lordship suggested I boil it.  It worked great as all the fleshy bits fell off but holy guacamole - the smell.  I still gag just thinking about it.

It will look great in the Haunted Parlor this year.

It will be displayed with this fake one I bought on sale last year from Spirit Halloween Superstore.  




2 comments:

  1. Good result!
    Antlers run through a band saw do not smell pretty. Learned that the hard way working on a costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuugh - maybe we should just stick with fake stuff.

    ReplyDelete