Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Aspens are peaking

His Lordship and I are camping in Conejos County where the Aspen trees are really putting on a show.  Here is the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad winding through the fall color.



My pictures don't do the landscape justice.  

I just love walking through the trees in the fall.  The shimmering golden light bringing up memories of father-daughter cookouts, girl scout camp trips and of course, Halloween.  Crisp cool evenings and morning with glorious orange, red and yellow sun-filled days.  No wonder I exult Autumn above all over seasons.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! My daughter just sent pictures from hiking in Georgetown and Silver Plume.
    The aspens are amazing. I filled her in on the Emma Crawford coffin races and she is putting it on her calendar. Let me know if you have any insider tips I could pass on to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I agree Autumn is the best. I’m not crazy about the winters that follow, but I sure appreciate living in a climate with a proper fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have her make use of the shuttle at the rock ledge ranch (by the Garden of the Gods) that begins at 9am and runs till 6pm - the traffic into town will be heinous and she won't find parking anyway unless she gets here 4 hours before the event starts. But getting here early is not a bad idea - lots of places for breakfast and the businesses will all have the skeletons up. emmacrawford.com has lots of information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great info Lady M, I will pass it on.

    ReplyDelete