Sunday, February 18, 2018

Old Newspapers

His Lordship is on the board of the Manitou Heritage Center.  Recently, they decided to sell volumes of their old pre-1928 newspapers.  Thanks to an article written for the local community papers, these gems have been flying off of the shelves and making some decent money for the Heritage Center.  

I was lucky enough to score some myself mostly to use in craft projects. I took 2 volumes - Sept. - Nov. 1918 and Sept. - Nov. 1926. 

 From a Halloween perspective, 1918 was a bust.  After all there was a war on.  I only found one short piece explaining how Halloween would be cancelled but parents could still get their kiddies a Halloween treat.

 However, I did score Nov. 11, 1918 - yes the armistice and end of WWI. Pretty cool but I would have rather had Halloween shit.
















1926 was a lot more fruitful. Here is some advice on throwing a Halloween Party.  Be sure to have a peppy crowd. 
I will be sharing more interesting stuff soon so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment