Thursday, November 5, 2015

Post Halloween Blues

It's hard not to get the blues around this time.  I have cleaned up all the decorations and my house is back to the boring.  I miss the spooky, all the blogging both reading and writing, the anticipation, the purpose - I MISS HALLOWEEN. So to combat all this misery, I have decided to get onboard with Cat Winterfoxes Hallovember  and of course Creepmas from Dec. 1-13th. 

So in anticipation of these amazing events, I went to post Halloween sales with an eye on crossover crafts for the ongoing seasons and found lots of good stuff.  I even remembered as I was cleaning up to keep the Creepmas stuff in a separate tote so I would not have to pull everything back out looking for tree ornaments or glittery skulls.


Plus, while it is fresh in my mind, I made a tote of all project things - stuff that needs repairs and modifications.  Those crafts like gargoyles requiring of a new coat of paint or LED candles desperate for some hot glue drips.  This is all wishful thinking however, as next September, I will open that tote and say "oh yeh, I meant to..."

14 comments:

  1. Most of my Halloween type things stay somewhat displayed all year...
    ... even my Christmas decorations tend to be on the "Creepy" side....
    ... post Halloween Depression....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no - I was so enjoying your upbeat, happy posts and counting on them to pull me out of my funk. I hope your Halloween depression does not last to long.

      Delete
  2. I did the same!!! sorted organized, took stock, but today I was confused? Now What? To save me I joined in as well! Nice to visit! Fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great - glad you are not willing to give up Halloween yet.

      Delete
  3. Keep your eyes on the prize -- Creepmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - I have began planning Creepmas last year. But like all of my plans, they live in my head. Bringing them to fruition is quite another challenge.

      Delete
  4. I have not put too much away yet most likely with clean up on Sunday. I'm just not ready. Here is to Creepmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you giving it an extra week - looking forward to your Creepmas blog.

      Delete
  5. Great blog how could I have missed it! Sadly all put a way ... Next year Halloween is on a Monday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year is tailor made to host a party on the Saturday before Halloween. That is what I am planning - but I need more friends. You have not missed my blog as you commented last Aug. on my post explaining how I pulled panty hose over my lamps. Here is what you said "Awesome idea... but as a 6'3" 250 pound man I am going to have to find someone to buy the stockings for me... I can see it now standing outside Target...... " pssst....hey lady.... wanna buy some stickings for me?!?"

      Delete
  6. It is almost like stuff hides to cheer me up. Just when I think I am done putting away the magic...there is another skull or pumpkin lurking. Less light in a day post Halloween does not help the blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Not laughing at the dark days but at you finding little Halloween surprises around the house just when you thought it was all packed away.

      Delete
  7. I couldn't find any post Hallowe'en goodies on sale anywhere! Did everybody in the city buy out everything this year or what? Now that's depressing - well, depressing for me but not everyone else who was more on the ball, I suppose. I'll have to check out Creepmas - plus I heard a rumour that Gothidays is on again this year. Any excuse to keep out the Hallowe'en decor for another two months, lady M! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. Some stores put their stuff on sale pre-Halloween. I am always way too busy to shop then so I guess if that trend continues, I won't find much either. Gothidays sounds fun - I will have to check that out. I would like to go a whole lot more gothic in my Christmas decorations so my house looks a little more like yours. The Little Gothic Cottage is my inspiration in all things.

      Delete