Friday, October 17, 2014

Making slime

This morning I put together some slime to fill a few witch jars.  Slime is easy to make.  Mix 4oz white school glue with 1 cup of water.  Dissolve borax into 1/2 a cup of hot water (as much as will dissolve, I think I used about 1 1/2 tablespoons) then pour the borax solution into the glue.  Stir to set up.  I put this in venom bottles and colored some green to be ectoplasm.

Simple ingredients - you can find borax in the laundry section of most grocery stores.

I filled the jars with a funnel - since it is thick, slime takes awhile to pour.

I kept it white to make venom

Then added 1 drop of green and 3 drops of yellow food coloring to make ectoplasm

So much fun to play with.  Easily removed from my counters and other smooth surfaces.  Fabric, carpet and paper? - not so much so keep it away from those.

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that!!! I just might have to try this with my girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids love this stuff Bob and it will keep in the fridge for weeks. I used to make it with my preschool classes.

      Delete