Monday, October 21, 2024

CMSP Fall Festival

 You might not know this about me but I volunteer for the Colorado State Parks  as a raptor monitor.  That is, a team of us keep on eye on breeding raptors as they are apex predators and hence, their numbers and ability to breed says a lot about the health of the parks ecosystem.  So when Cheyenne Mountain State Park announced their plans for a fall festival, I knew I had to step up.

Now I have always been down on trunk or treat.  But after 6 years at my residence, my turnout for Halloween remains dismally low.  So if the treaters won't come to Lady M's Haunted Parlor, I am gonna have to bring the Haunted Parlor to the treaters.  I can't wait to give away some candy. Here's my car set up.


Here we are at the event

This gorilla was riding around all night giving me the stink eye so I gave it right back.

The temperature was cold and the wind brisk so we were freezing and that probably kept the numbers lower than on a fair night. Despite the cold conditions, we gave away lots of candy.  The kids costumes were very cute but I did not comment as I stayed in character as a grim faced matron who said "good evening. You make take one".  Some kids were scared shitless and other were fascinated.  One little toddler came back 3 times - he couldn't get enough of Lord and Lady M. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you guys go ABOVE AND BEYOND! So awesome! It would never even occur to me to decorate the hatchback space like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and very cool about being a raptor monitor too. You always have hidden depths!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'll admit my first thought was dinosaurs when you mentioned raptor monitoring. That would be really cool, but probably pretty slow.

    The mobile Haunted Parlor looks great! And I think I'd have a go with that gorilla if he gave me the stink eye.

    ReplyDelete