Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Bird Seed Skull



I found this bizarre bird seed skull at a funny  shop called "This Place is for the Birds".  I think it is pretty darn cute.  We put it out in our backyard with our other feeders but so far, the birds are not really all that impressed.  After 3 weeks, barely any of it has been eaten.

This gray headed junco is giving it a try.  I had to wait ages to get this picture because most of the birds just ignore it.

His Lordship took these of a female Cassins Finch.  She's is looking pretty meh about the whole experience.



Finally she put a seed in her beak.  But she just wasn't impressed and hasn't been back for more.  Even  the raccoons don't seem to dig it. 



 

4 comments:

  1. Even the RACCOONS won't eat it? Wow, I thought they'd eat ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually if they like it, they will steal it overnight. But so far, it remains.

      Delete
  2. Maybe it's the glue or whatever is holding the seeds on that they don't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes perhaps it is nasty. I have not tried it myself.

      Delete