Thursday, July 20, 2023

Garden Explosion

We are experiencing the most unusual summer - we are actually getting rain.  So everything here is green and we have mosquitos.  But the garden is going wild.  I just had to share it with you.


This is Ratibida Columnifera or upright coneflower. 

Purple Prince Zinnias are easy to grow from seeds.

Black pansies - I grew these from seeds.  Aren't they gorgeous?
Purple and orange petunias.  I did not know they came in orange.
Goblin Blanket Flowers - love the name as well as their willingness to seed all over my yard.
Glorious Gloriosa Daisies

 

10 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of color. Very nice.
    Is the Ratibida Columnifera growing in the lawn or is that a garden area too? I've never seen one before even though I could supposedly grow them here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could grow them as they are a North American Native. They grow in both full and partial sun. They need decent drainage. I dead head them because they seed everywhere - these are all volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are growing in the front flower bed and the back xeric bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Everything is so lush, colourful and gorgeous! A banner year for your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - I am amazed at what is coming up from seeds!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you've been getting rain. Too bad about the mosquitoes, but the flowers are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will gladly accept the mosquitos if it means we are not on fire.

      Delete
  6. SUCH a beautiful home and garden. Excited about the rain and the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to not be on fire this year - but the hail is something else. Every time I grow a black flower I think of you and your black garden.

      Delete
  7. Lovely, blessed rain.

    ReplyDelete