Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Mimi Choi Makeup Artistry

 Mimi Choi is a makeup artist from Vancouver who does the most incredible optical illusions. Her work came across my Instagram feed and I immediately knew I had to see more. 

These are not masks or photo shopped - this is make up. She uses her own face for most, which works since she is so beautiful.




 

She experiences sleep paralysis, a state in which the mind is active but the body is paralyzed.  This is when she sees some of her most frightening images.

You can visit her website here or follow her on Instagram.

7 comments:

  1. If you hadn't said that it is not photoshopped, I would swear it was photoshopped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to her website. She has some videos on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes showing some of her techniques.

      Delete
    2. Wow, these are fabulous and I realize for the first time I can actually respond to you Lady M. Until now I have merely been a voyeur

      Delete
    3. Good to have you. I change the settings so that you don't have to have a google account to comment but I have to approve.

      Delete
  3. These are incredible. My first thought was, Wow! This is really cool digital art. Then I read your note. The art is fantastic, and learning about where (or when) her inspiration hits makes the work even more impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of videos out there that show how she paints her face. The coolest is how I am fooled into thinking those are her eyes but she had painted her eyelids and this is revealed when she opens her eyes. She's just so creative - she blows me away.

      Delete