Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Vegan Halloween

My 2 year anniversary of being vegan is coming up this month and I thought I would celebrate in a post.  

 Halloween can present its own set of challenges for vegans like what candy we can eat. 

And what we can serve at the Halloween Soiree.  Lets face it, your average meatballs just won't do.  Still veggies can be spooky.
 
 And costumes can go vegan too
 


Still I'll try not to be to big a pain in the ass at this time of year.


And I will be handing out the big candy bars even though they are not Vegan.  After all, got to give the kiddies what they want. 
 

The iconic Characters of Halloween are going Vegan.

 
  Well some of them anyway
 
 
Still the animals thank you for considering your dietary choices.





And your body thanks you too.


12 comments:

  1. Congrats on maintaining your vegan lifestyle for 2 years now! All of these cartoons are fantastic, LOL! My faves are the cauliflower skull and the piggy in the shopping cart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pig is a heart breaker isn't she? Gotta love piglet in a costume.

      Delete
  2. And oh, that last one with the Hot Dogs -- hahahahahahahaha! A bit too close to the truth though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago one of his Lordship's coworkers said that hotdogs were all lips and assholes. I don't think he was to far off the mark.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff! Love the Satanic cow and the efficient witches. Hot dogs are gross.

    People over-interpret teeth. Gorillas are undisputed herbivores and their canine teeth are an inch long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that cow does not get me an adult only/sensitive audience rating. It is a pretty surly cow.

      Delete
  4. How much weight did you lose on the vegan diet? I did a diabetes diet for a year and lost 30 pounds. Then the diet was over and so was the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I really have not lost that much weight - probably 5 pounds. Before I went vegan, I weighed around 135 lb. Now I weigh around 130 lb. However, I have to stress that I eat like a horse. I eat a lot - as much as I want. Being vegan however, restricts the types of foods I eat so I get a ton of fiber and avoid most junk food. I actually never plan to go back because being vegan is more like being a recovering alcoholic than being on a diet. I just abstain from animal products and really never plan to eat them again.

      What I can say is that all the chronic inflammation that plagued me pre-vegan - like plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow, locked up shoulder, and hip pain, it is all subsided since the diet change. So did any constipation or diarrhea. I tell people to try it for a month. You can always go back to eating animal products but see how you feel after a month. I had amazing result fast.

      Delete
  5. Loving those spooky vegetable creations!😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta be pretty damn creative to make vegetables spooky.

      Delete
  6. I fear broccoli and I am a vegetarian. That treat bowl of it cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete