Saturday, January 23, 2021

Creepmas in January

As most of my readers know, I spent November and December in Chicago taking care of my ailing father. This meant I totally missed that most festive of blogger seasons, Creepmas.  I love Creepmas and have participated for many years on and off since 2011. If you are unfamiliar, it runs from the 1st to the 13th of December and you can sign up for it here for 2021 - closer to the event of course.

Tonight Baby M and Son of Nell will come over for the first annual Creepmas dinner in January.  We will exchange Creepmas gifts and enjoy cremated jungle fowl (not me - I don't dine on the flesh of murdered beasts). Baby M got me some fabulous new flatware that she let me open early for the occasion.  It has cute little skulls on the handle.

I scored those bat napkin rings from Home Goods the day after Halloween.

Baby M got this lantern from Michaels around Christmas.  It is really meant to be a wedding prop next fall but I have pressed it into service a little early.
I set a festive Creepmas table.  I plan to check in with all your blogs to read up on what you did for Creepmas and will likely have some belated comments.

 

6 comments:

  1. Red and black is SO elegant! Love the flatware and the napkin rings! If Festivus can be celebrated at any time, so can Creepmas. "Official dates" are just a suggestion. Enjoy yourself tonight!

    I trust your father is much better now, which allows you all to be at home again. Home, sweet home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No unfortunately my father passed away which allows me to be home now.

      Delete
  2. My condolences.im sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences Lady M. Hexk of a year. Your set up looks so elegant and creepy. Hope you enjoyed your delayed holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your tidings. It has been a wacky roller coaster of a year.

      Delete
  4. Glad you are blogging again. Red and black could also work beautifully for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete