Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Get Hammered

Awhile back I scrounged some old plastic cauldrons from the Heritage Center and Haunted Eve suggested I paint them with Rust-Oleum.
So I thought I would give this Rust-oleum Matte Hammered paint a try.

I am most taken with this product.  It covered the cauldrons nicely, adhering to the plastic and adding an interesting texture.  At about $6 a can, it did not break the bank either.   I also used it on a lantern, with a nice effect.  It is not as black as I expected, more like a really dark bronze.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know Rust-oleum could be applied on plastic! I thought it was for metal only. Well, learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear the product worked out for you! Many, many years ago we had used the Rust-oleum hammered dark gray spray paint on a large plastic black cauldron we purchased that looked totally fake in its original form and it has held up perfectly. And for painting home-made headstones and other cemetery props, Behr Textured DeckOver paint looks like cement/concrete. We used a combination of a light and dark dark gray on our mini-mausoleum prop.

    ReplyDelete