Thursday, August 29, 2019

Halloween at the ARC

Tis the season when all the blogs I follow start to highlight the new offerings in stores for Halloween.  The stock is very tempting but  I have pledged not to buy anything new this year.  Bring on the ARC Thrift Store and what they have  on the shelves. 
This little fellow was interesting - squishy too.  He might look good in a jar in the apothecary.

Someone has donated their whole doll collection.  I have been inspired by Roxanne Rhoads at A Bewitching Guide to All Things Halloween to do a doll makeover.

Wrong on so many levels

Could have sworn these were in Michaels last year

I like candle holders but I have enough

This skull is fun - looks Homemade

These were really tall - but I'm not sure Pochondriac sounds like a last name and they don't look pre-owned.

I found leggings.  Perfect for yoga!

I acquired this doll- I think her face is suitably glum.  Pull off that Laura Ingalls apron and I am left with a dark blue velvet dress.  I think that will make over nicely.


9 comments:

  1. Hey, that's pretty good second-hand swag! Can't wait to see what you do to that doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that doll. I would have bought her too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is getting a makeover so don't get to attached - brawhaha (evil laughter).

      Delete
  3. I think they will be versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could put those corn people outside and watch the squirrels eat them. That would be pretty horrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attack of the Killer Squirrels. I pass on the corn people so someone else has probably snatched them up.

      Delete
  5. You found some really cool stuff, and I love your blog! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RO - welcome to the Haunted Parlor. You have years of post to look through going back to 2011. Some of pretty swell; other, not so much. But I am glad you stop by.

      Delete