Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Antiquing


I went antiquing recently in search of some things for the house and ran across Halloween instead.  I spent a couple of hours at the American Classics Marketplace in Colorado Springs.  Much to my delight,  some of the booths were really channeling Halloween spirit.  Here are some spooky items I saw
This is detail from a radio stand featuring fighting cats - I love it!  I think it was $350.00 - Ouch!
Cat andiron for the fireplace.  Just love them but not $185.00 worth of love.
Octopi pillows - pretty cool
 If you like primitives, there was plenty to choose from.

 This old wheelchair would make a kick ass prop.  Put a skeleton in there and call it Great Aunt Gerdie.

 Booth number C7 really knocked my holiday socks off.  Their stuff was inspired and cool.
 Skeleton in an electric chair.  It lit up and made noises.
 The picture frames were very original.  Loved the finishes and artwork.



Look at this cool, old glass fronted cabinet
 And the skele feet they added to this little corner shelf.

 Loved this wire bird cage - very industrial.  I would paint that skull, however, for a better effect.

 More great stuff here.  I had to have the bat door knocker.  Don't tell His Lordship.
Here is another booth with a shabby chic farm house style.
 Love all these little rats!
The only damper was two non-Halloween lovers who seemed to be tailing me talking about how much they hated Halloween.  They were probably on their way to James Dobson's Focus on the Family! 

Here are my 2 purchases.  I envision putting some skeleton cameos in the frames.  The bat door knocker is just to cool.  I might have to leave it up all year.



No comments:

Post a Comment