Tuesday, November 8, 2016

And the Winner is....

It was rigged I tell you, rigged.  Some of the most boring skeletons won, one of which I never saw because it was not visible from the street.  But I will tell you what all these skeletons had in common - a voting box in the store that sponsored them.  So the store could encourage tourist to vote for their skeleton.  Most places with a skeleton did not have a voting box, requiring the voter to remember the skeletons number, walk to a place with a box and cast a ballot.  So here are the result of the skeleton election:

1st Place Manitou Outpost and Gallery


I mean he's ok but compared to quality of some of the others?  First place? Are you kidding me?

 2nd Place
Goldminers Nuts & Candy
 

 I did not even see this skeleton.  While he's cute, he was not visible from the street through the window, which should have hurt his chances.  But low and behold, they had a voting box.

 3rd Place Mountain High Gallery and Gifts

I mean this is just a cluster-f*^%.  It is so bad they had to put a sign next to it to explain what it was.

 
So I will present Lady M's picks for best skeletons with honorable mentions.

First place - LeGrande Boutique's floating angel


Second Place - Brazen Bee's beautiful dreamer


Third Place - La Henna Boheme henna painted skeleton


Honorable Mentions:
There were so many great skeletons who should have easily beaten the top three and I would not have been bitter if any of these skeletons had won.







So I will take this up with the Chamber of Commerce for next year as I do not believe the voting was fair and needs to be revised.

7 comments:

  1. We like the "Angel', ans your choice for 2nd is very Creative !!
    a great post, dear Lady M...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you ... if there was a voting box next to each skeleton it would be more fair. I can't believe the prize winners - bluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To add injury to insult, the skeletons were supposed to reflect the business it represented. None of the prize winners fulfilled this requirement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just now catching up on your posts, it’s like getting to enjoy Halloween all over again! Love the skeletons, some of those were just so creative and obviously a labor of love. Others not so much. I prefer your winning picks. It’s still cool that so many people participated. Nothing like that happens around here, so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Chamber of Commerce was surprised as well at the participation. I was not the only person in town to object to the results. I think quite a few people felt that they were less than fair.

      Delete
  5. That would be hard to pick - love all the ones you posted. But the hot dog was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete