Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Evergreen Cemetary Tour

Last Saturday was a big day in Manitou.  So big, in fact, that I have only now recovered my wits to blog about it.  Firstly, his Lordship and I were off to the races.  Don't we look posh?
Pre race picture on his Lordship's cellular device
 
The Emma Crawford Coffin Races actually. For more information, you can see this link https://www.facebook.com/ManitouSpringsEmmaCrawfordCoffinRaces?fref=nf
 
After the festivity of the races, my friend Dead Juliette came to pick me up and we headed to the Evergreen Cemetery Tour here in the springs.


Dead Juliette and I stirring the cauldron before we leave.

What an amazing night for a cemetery walk - bright moonlight, no wind and cool temperatures made for a surreal experience.  Acting students from UCCS played ghosts from local legend with zeal as each story was described in chilling detail.  We walked around in the oldest part of the graveyard taking in beautiful architecture and details of 100 year old mausoleums. My pictures are poor and don't even come close to capturing the atmosphere of the place. 
 


 
 
 
 I look forward to returning to the graveyard on a moody morning to capture it with more clarity.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Either this message was left by one of the ghosts or my buddy Dead Juliette because this person was obviously in attendance!

      Delete
  2. Coffin races? What fun! Loved all those photos on FB. And may I just congratulate His Lordship on that pencil-thin mustache? How terribly elegant. And you and Dead Juliet both look stunning, dahling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure looks like a great time. Must put the races on my bucket list. I think your pictures are just fine, although I don't want to discourage you from posting more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffin races are definitely bucket list worthy especially if you love the season.

      Delete