Monday, May 11, 2015

Alk trio's past live show

A few weeks back I flew to Minneapolis so I could attend Alkaline Trio's past live tour. 


Over 4 nights they played all 8 of their discs which was pretty cool.  I attended 3 of the 4 nights, skipping the first because they played their newest "My Shame is True" (which I am not familiar with) and their oldest disc "Goddammit" (my least favorite of their offerings just cause it lacks the melody of the others).  Otherwise I went to the other 3.  On night one they played "This Addiction" and "Maybe I'll Catch Fire". I love both these albums and enjoyed the show thoroughly but was too overdressed to dance. Here are a couple of videos from these two discs.

This Addiction
Radio - Best break up song ever with lyrics like "I wish you would take my radio to bathe with you, plugged in and ready to fall.."  I great song to sing when you're angry.

 Choosing much more sensible footwear the second night, I enjoyed 2 beers plus "Agony and Irony" and "From Here to Infirmary".  We had a great spot for viewing Dan - he's my favorite.

Help Me from "Agony and Irony"
 
Stupid Kid off of "From Here to Infirmary"

The last night was the wildest as they played "Crimson" (and sounded amazing )plus "Good Mourning".  I danced my ass off and was sad when it was all over.  I love my Trio.  Can't wait till they tour again!

Time to Waste - Crimson
 
 

 
I put a lyric video up for "This Could Be Love" cause nothing's better then these lyrics - they are so nasty and yet heartfelt!

3 comments: