Monday, October 14, 2019

Meet Brittney

Megan was lonely so I made her a friend-Brittney.

Like Megan she started life as a cute, brown haired, brown eyed doll in a pink dress from the resale shop. 

But that was never going to fly at the haunted parlor.  So I poked her eyes out, used a crackle paint on her face and hands, pulled her hair off, and dyed those cute pink clothes black.
I used this chalk paint crackle medium from Michaels.  The effect was somewhat underwhelming.  
Black rit dye (the old powder kind) also came from Michaels.  I thought it was very effective and easy to use.  The wig I picked up second hand at "Who Gives a Scrap" for 30 cents.
Baby M hates this doll.  She says one day I will discover my kitchen knives missing and wake up to see Brittney and Megan hovering over me, knives in hand.

5 comments:

  1. So nice that Megan now has a partner in crime! As Baby M notes, hide your knives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to happen, they can't be trusted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s why I don’t mess with dolls, those things will kill you in your sleep. Well technically they’ll sneak up on you in your sleep. Then they’ll wait until you wake up to enjoy the wide eyed terror on your face when you realize what’s coming. Except yours of course, your beautiful lovelies wouldn’t do that.

    ReplyDelete