Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Inspiration for next years cemetary


My new friend S.K. over at the haunting grounds has carved the most amazing celtic cross from insulation foam .  If you get a chance check it out at http://thehauntinggrounds.com/category/halloween-props/  This started to me thinking about making some new tombstones for next year to replace those I had stolen out of my front yard 3 years ago.  So for inspiration, I went back through my pictures.  Remember these tombs Jackie from Greyfriers Churchyard in Edinburgh? Lots of inspiration here.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention. I love checking out the old gravestones for inspiration. I have several photos of stones dating back to the late 1600s from the Old Burying Point cemetery in Salem, Massachusetts. I hope to be getting them posted very soon. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember fondly the cemetery at Greyfriars. Good luck with that project. I have more pics if you need them.

    ReplyDelete