Saturday, December 3, 2022

Pumpkin Carving

 I still have 3 whole pumpkins left from Halloween that I was planning on using for Creepmas.  Alas since I am not doing much there, I thought I would earn an adult merit badge by trying something new.  Hence pumpkin carving.  Not the traditional kind but actually carving the flesh.

The hardest part was removing the rind.  I thought a veggie peeler would do the trick but I was sadly mistaken.  I the end, I carved it off with a small kitchen knife.  It took a long time.

I recently purchased some carving tools at who gives a scrap.  I used those to transfer my skull pattern and do the actual carving. 

Here is how it came out.   My main take away?? I need better tools especially to remove the rind.

This pumpkin with be carved up and cooked as part of pumpkin week.  His Lordship is in for a globe trotting culinary celebration of pumpkin.  What a lucky man.

 


9 comments:

  1. It's got a great stylized looked from the tools you had on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I did really enjoy it - found it super relaxing unlike making the gingerdead house which has resulted in nothing but swear words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a FABULOUS job! It looks very spooky and creepy. I especially like how one tooth is broken -- nice attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attention to detail ha ha - more like a mistake but it works.

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh, carving the flesh sounds a little sinister. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Well thanks - I have asked for some proper carving tools for Christmas. Hopefully, I will get them.

      Delete
  6. There was a guy carving faces in the blue Hubbard squash at one pumpkin patch and he was using linoleum cutting and wood carving tools to get through the thick flesh.

    ReplyDelete