Sunday, September 13, 2020

Holiday Shop

Despite reservations about leisure shopping in the time of the covid pandemic, I could not resist checking out the Halloween offerings at my favorite antique mall, the American Classics Marketplace.  They had many bespoke pieces that have been upcycled.  It was neat to see the creativity at work.

This adorable skeleton dog is in a house make from reclaimed wood
This Jack O' Lantern created from all old dutch oven lid. 
I have definitely made something like this before - I used vintage newspaper, looks like they've used a dictionary.
Bits of old fencing have been used to make these cute mummies
This is a unique covid mask
The witches are welcome here.
This pillow caught my eye as well as these brooms and branches.

This cabinet featured a few unusual, creepy dolls

We also have a witch booth with taxidermy butterflies and spell/ritual kit.


This is a fabulous sign - I wish I had a place to set up the Cadaver Tavern.
Very creepy deer taxidermy
Super cute mask with Jack Skellington but it was in the same display as the ones below so I said "no thanks - I am not supporting your Trump loving ass"
So are you curious what I might have purchased?  Well first I got a lantern for Baby M's nuptials.  We are looking for some that are unique and for $15, I though this one fit the profile.
Then I found this amazing damask crock pot.  This is going to look great at the next Halloween party after I add a few spooky touches.
But the pieces de resistance is this baby carriage for my spooky dolls.  I have been looking for something like this for a long time.  Usually they are marked close to $100.  This one, however, was was a steal at $30.   It has authentic, dark blue paint with lots of lovely rust and patina.

Don't Megan and Brittney just look fabulous in here?  They are almost smiling.
Well I hope I did not catch covid venturing into the unknown. I guess only time will tell whether it was worth it.

15 comments:

  1. Great finds here. I love the creepy dolls especially, but they would scare my son I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - let Wolfie get a little older before terrorizing him with creepy dolls. My daughter, however, is closer to 30 than to 20 and she finds them scary.

      Delete
  2. That looks like the dolly carriage my parents bought for me when I was a little girl. Mine was blue though. They did their best to instill heterosexual mothering instincts in me. But it was a hopeless battle. I hardly ever played with that carriage or the dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is a very dark blue -perhaps it was yours?

      Delete
    2. If it is, I hope you make more use of it than I did, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes - I hope I did not find covid as well but almost a week out and not symptoms.

      Delete
  4. That carriage is an amazing find!

    That pillow is available as cover at Walmart. https://tinyurl.com/y42jbmjr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - I just never shop Walmart so I would not have known.

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh - so that is why you were away for much of the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is becoming clearer - actually, I think you were fishing so you hardly noticed.

      Delete
  6. I want a "SKULLY!!!!!"

    It's all fun stuff, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a cutie isn't he? I think I need to make a house for my skeletal dog.

      Delete
  7. Glad you were able to get out to spy a few goodies. Always pretty amazing to see the creativity that's rolling around in the minds of others. What a fabulous deal on the baby carriage, and I think Megan and Brittney appreciate your gift. Be well and lots of hugs! RO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I think Megan and Brittney are well pleased.

    ReplyDelete