Sunday, September 20, 2020

Damn It

I cannot get that badge for the countdown to Halloween to display on my blog.  Now I have gone ahead and deleted all my past badges that I loved.  Does any know how to retrieve those again once deleted?  That is, how to return to an earlier layout if possible?  Also, have you had luck getting the new badge to display?  I use to just copy the code and paste it into the area of my layout. But this year the badge doesn't display, just the code.

Alright I got the new badge to display by changing the gadget I was using.  But still lost all my old badges.  Boo Hoo.

Ok crisis averted.  So I changed the gadget type in the layout to an image and not a URL.  So I have gone back and saved all the old badges from the countdown to Halloween website to my computer and now will display each in its own little gadget.  A lot more steps and gadgets but at least they are back on my blog. I love my badges.

12 comments:

  1. All's well that ends well! A hex on New Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't new bloggers fault - I'm just stupid. Jon Rozum used to provide us with the code which is what I used before. Michelle provided us with an image. It just took me awhile to work out the difference and in the meantime, I did what Lady M always does -OVER REACT!

      Delete
  2. lol I was typing this whole thing up about how to do it and then I looked down to see you have it lol! And then I read the rest of your post lol just glad to see you it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I actually got a clue that it could be done by looking at your blog Bob.

      Delete
  3. Oh boy, I need to check if it works on mine, especially with the stupid new interface!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So save the image to your computer and then use an image gadget to upload it on your blog if you have not worked it out already.

      Delete
  4. You are doing better than me. I can't figure how to edit or add without experimenting. Oh, and the phrenology head is back in stock at Michaels online! Added the link to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I have not seen it in either of the two Michaels I have been to.

      Delete
  5. I see you've recovered your badges, but just to let you know of an alternative for any future losses, you can utilize the wayback machine on archive.org.
    There were a number of backed up versions of your blog there. For example,
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190506090027/http://ladymhauntedparlor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks - I will keep that in mind next time I am a complete dumb f@#%.

      Delete
  6. After seeing your blog, I went looking and discovered I never received an email invite back to the Countdown? Did I offend? Did I disappoint? Well, I went ahead and registered again and asked real nicely if I could join. I'm not optimistic for my output this year, but I'll give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never offend nor disappoint but there is new management this year so perhaps something was lost in translation.

      Delete