Saturday, July 18, 2020

Ain't Love Grand

Baby M, my darling daughter, and the Son of Nell, her betrothed, have set a date next year for their upcoming nuptials. The best news is it's gonna be a Halloween Wedding.

I could not be more pleased.  How much fun is this gonna be to plan?  The best part is I did not need to be heavy handed.  It is their, or at least her, idea!!!  

As the mother of the bride, I need to be dressed in style without upstaging my daughter.  I could wear a cream colored suit but.....

Rebels Market has some exciting goth dresses.

 
 

As you can see, I am going for a theme here - I want a long skirt, sleeves, and enough bodice to hide a bra underneath.  The leg slit is ok - I can wear a great pair of hose.

Dark in Closet also has some dramatic dresses that meet my requirements. 


A few nice designs from The Violet Vixen too.
So what do you think - should I opt for that cream suit?


12 comments:

  1. What fantastic news! Oh, their Halloween wedding will be SO COOL! And screw the cream dress, MotB. Any of the dresses in this post would be fabulous, except that final BDSM-themed one might raise a few eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Im thinking "no" to the cream color dress. Those are some great dresses! Happy for your daughter. It's their special day, should be the theme that makes them happiest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun will that be! Its great to have something like that to look forward to. I also vote for anything but the cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! And those dresses look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well glad to see you readers agree - I am definitely gonna be the Mother in black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Halloween wedding? So cool!
    All the dresses look awesome to me. But the last one with steampunk influences and the one with the hood and the sleeves stand out.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daughter's friend had their Halloween wedding in a cemetery.
    Best of life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree NO to cream. I know which one I like but which one are you swaying towards Lady M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the first, the sixth, and the eighth the best.

      Delete
  9. More importantly what is the bride wearing black, red, and what material? That might determine what will look good only not compete with the bride. If she is in velvet you might want a matte satin. Kind of love 3rd up from the bottom as a sophisticated mother of the bride look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is wearing a black and white tulle with a really poofy skirt. Does not look like any of these dresses.

    ReplyDelete