Thursday, March 5, 2020

Haunted Horticulture

Years ago, when we were children, my sister purchased a book on making tiny flowers.  We got a little press and created geraniums, roses and ferns.  Sadly, few of these creations survive today.

The black plant stand that held my tiny creations did survive and is ready for round two.  So bring on the inspiration for haunted horticulture.
This is awfully fun. From the Tallulah Belle blog as is the one below
Love this eyeball plants from Midnight Dreams
I think I could manage something like Dragons Dreams Designs tenacle flowers.

Of course, one must include a carnivorous beast like the Audrey 2 and a mandrake like those Professor Sprout grows.



13 comments:

  1. Wonderful creations, dear Lady M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not make any of them Dr. Theda - these are just my inspiration for what I will create.

      Delete
  2. Oh, those miniatures are all so delightfully creepy! Did you know they're planning another movie remake of "Little Shop of Horrors"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not suprising as Hollywood seems short of original ideas.

      Delete
  3. The carnivorous plants of old. I used to love to add them them to our make belief games. I was inspired, I think, to the Spirou's "Tembo Tabou" where they are featured. "Spirou, if I die, avenge me: become vegetarian!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have never heard of this. A brief internet search yielded that Spirou is a cartoon character but as for the plant, I cannot find a mention of it.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, Lady M! Those are both cute and funny... But hella creepy as well. Nicely creepy, of course. Love it! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many more too that I left out. The artisans are so creative. I hope mine are even half that cute.

      Delete
  5. The best plants always have teeth, eyes or tentacles. Looks like it's going to be a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - there is something about the plant/animal mash up that makes them unnerving.

      Delete
  6. Those first two plants are a few steps up from a venus fly trap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing! My little miniature shopfront arrived last week - I'll be perusing your blog for new ideas once I figure out how to get the back off it without ruining it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see it. I am always happy to share ideas.

      Delete