Thursday, February 20, 2020

Teeny Tiny Books

I have been online scouring the web for miniature books covers to use in my dollhouse.  The results have not been pleasing me.  Most do not print with the detail with which they appear on my monitor. Here some I found that I liked and printed ok.
Source:http://joannswansondiyminiatures.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-witchs-kitchen.html


Then, duh, it occurred to me that I could just design my own using photoshop.  So here is what I have done so far.  I wanted to share them with you in case you get a hankering to make some tiny books.

        




That's Dave Lowe's witch on the back of perfect potions.  She makes a great Matilda.  These are offered for personal use only as I don't think Dave would appreciate anyone profiting off of his work.

If you do not know how to make a tiny book, simply find a small piece of wood and size the cover to wrap around it.  Be sure to paint the edges of the pages so they don't look like wood.  Then print your cover and glue it.  Easy peasy right?



8 comments:

  1. Your own book cover designs are FABULOUS! So clear and easy to read. So real looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you are really making some killer stuff! really enjoy watching your progress
    as well as your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks October Boy -I planned to be done soon but I keep thinking of new ideas. This might be the project that never ends.

      Delete
  3. Possibly easy peasy ... if only I weren't all thumbs with miniature things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I do not believe that for a second - I have seen your sewing projects and you have excellent fine motor skills.

      Delete
  4. No doll house for me, but I’ve been tossing around the idea of doing miniatures in Altoid tins. If I ever get around to it, I am definitely using some of your books.

    ReplyDelete