Friday, December 20, 2019

Boss Laser Cutter

Went to the MAC today to get a tutorial on the Boss Laser Cutter.  Lets just say I have a hell of a learning curve ahead of me.  Today I cut some little spider webs that are really more like little bits of burned charcoal.  They are so fragile.
There is lots of Software to learn as photoshop does not really communicate with the Boss software - pixels vs. vector.  Hell four days ago I had never even heard of a vector.  Now I have to learn inkscape as in addition to Boss Software.  I hope my old brain can comprehend it and that I don't break their expensive machine.

5 comments:

  1. You'll be whizzing around on that laser cutter in no time, Lady M. I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little spider webs look pretty amazing to me, and I’m going to guess such a thin intricate design is probably in the advanced range. I expect we’ll see great things from you.

    Some things I find much easier to do in inkscape and there’s oodles of tutorials online if you do get stuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the laser burner, it is all about getting the power, speed and wood aligned. Like all things, it is a learning curve. I have done some others recently that are far more sturdy.

      Delete
  3. I don't know what a laser cutter is, but if it can make those tiny little spiderwebs, maybe I need to buy one! Although they sound kind of expensive. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually burns the wood so perhaps a laser burner would be a better descriptor.

      Delete