Monday, November 4, 2019

Skeleton Judging Results

I have been so neglectful in telling you who won the skeleton craze. After 31 days of consecutive blogging, I hit a wall.  So I've had a rest to reset my enthusiasm.
The winners were announced November 1st in the Pikes Peak Bulletin, our little, local, beloved rag. If the pictures in the article look familiar, it is because they were taken by me.

 So here are the winners as judged by Lady M and Annie:

First Prize - Mountain West's Harry Potter
One cannot deny the artistry and effort that went into creating this fantasy world - not just in one window but in two - simply incredible.





Second Prize - The Cliff Houses Pianist and Singer
I just love these two - the way they are dressed and posed.  The setting in which they are displayed - elegant and timeless.
Third Prize - Lane Mitchell's Marie Antoinette
What can I say?  I have a soft spot for this headless queen.  The way she is cradling her noggin and her costuming appeal to me.  Plus I have to give this business kudos for having their skeleton ready to go at the first day of the competition.

Honorable Mentions
Green Horse Gallery's American Gothic - so funny
Southwest's Silver Fortune Teller
Commonwheel Co-op's Painted Lady
I thought they got ripped off in 2016 so I just felt they needed to be acknowledged.
La Henna Boheme's Henna Skeleton
Again, feel this beautiful skeleton deserves an honorable mention.
Manitou Springs Realty Old Man Skye and His Keys.
He's just awfully funny.
Whickerbill's Bogie and Bacall

Finally, we have the people's choice awards.  These won the popular vote:
Colorado Custard Companies Captain Custard
Mushroom Monday's Gal on a Bench
Whickerbill's Bogey and Bacall

Hope you enjoyed the results.  Did your favorites win?

5 comments:

  1. All the winners are worthy! And the Honourable Mentions are too! Thanks for letting us know the results. I bet it was fun to be a judge this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was super. I really love the skeletons.

      Delete
  2. Excellent choices. I love all the creativity your community puts into their skeletons, I’m already looking forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I get to judge next year as it was really fun.

      Delete