Saturday, November 30, 2019

Black Friday

 Ahh Black Friday - I love that name - should be a horror movie about a serial killer in Walmart.

 I went Black Friday shopping but as I have taken a pledge this year not to buy anything new,  I  fulfilled my American consumer addiction at the ARC and Who Gives a Scrap.  

At the ARC,  I got much needed Santa hats, Creepmas sweaters, Creepmas ornaments, and gay apparel for Creepmas. About 80% of the store was 50% off. I will share pictures of these finds during Creepmas. Your anticipation is palatable.

Who gives a Scrap had everything in the store at 50% off  - naturally I went a little crazy.

They had a good selection of miniatures for great prices.  I got a few for my dollhouse makeover.
I got many other bits and bobs for crafting with no specific project in mind - Donut over at the Potionsmith can inspire ideas here.  She is an upcycling Goddess.


Acquired some lovely vintage earrings for wearing and crafting. Also purchased some dirty bottles for my dirty bottle collection - one can never have too many. 
Well that's my haul.  Pounds of  stuff diverted from the landfill and did not get trampled, jostled and swore at once.  Did you shop black Friday?  How was your American consumer experience? 

3 comments:

  1. Thrift stores and reuse centres -- the planet thanks you! And wow, you got a great haul of useful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. I’ll take the compliment, but you are quite the upcycling mistress of the dark arts yourself.

    I can’t wait to see how your doll house comes along. And then when it’s all done you can decorate it for Creepmas every year! That chair on the right is even more Morticia Addams, than her’s was. Don’t know if they’re the right size, but could you use the button bases as picture frames?

    Then again they’d look lovely with the black trim to create a Creepmas ornament. So many great finds, I think the hardest part will be picking what to do with them.

    I’m envious of all the metal filigree. It always looks great on potion bottles. But not your dirty bottles, you don’t want to hide that beautiful filth. It takes hours to get bottles to look like that.

    And I would totally watch that Black Friday movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Potion bottles - great idea for the filigree.

      Delete