Thursday, November 1, 2018

Merchant Trick or Treat

Yesterday, I kidnapped a child so I could attend merchant trick or treat.  Luckily, she was already dressed like a cupcake.  We perused up and down Manitou Ave. scoring candy from the store owners and checking out the other costumes and merchandise. It was a blast.
In front of Avenue Hotel B and B
Yum - candy at Red Dog Coffee House
The Lovely Ladies of the Apothecary

You can see I am keeping a tight hold so she cannot escape
As luck would have it, the child was incredibly  enthusiastic about the kidnapping.  She was not the least bit frightened at the haunted parlor but enjoyed playing with eyeballs, bats and spiders. I held her for ransom until her parents paid up at dinner.  Then to my amazement her unstoppable energy kept her knocking on doors until about 8:30.  Pretty incredible for a 4 year old.  
Miss Donut I believe this is the dress being sold at the Legrande Boutique

7 comments:

  1. When a child can amuse herself with eyeballs, bats and spiders, you know she’s being brought up properly.

    I’m fascinated by the apothecary lady’s dress, the one with the damask & dapper skeleton print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that dress was for sale in the LeGrande Boutique.

      Delete
    2. That's gorgeous. It's possible I could forsake my usual grunge attire for a dress like that.

      Delete
  2. oh my so cute and looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new angle on the "kidnapped child"fairy tale adventuring, rather the traditional eating of said child. You both look adorable and had an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly, you are a good witch but I wouldn't trust that fuzzy unicorn as far as I could throw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Unicorn is a bad seed - you can see it in the eyes!

      Delete