Monday, October 1, 2018

Let the Witching Season Begin

Ah - October 1st.  That special day when I am free to decorate outside.  I have been decorating the inside for weeks but alas, I don't want the neighborhood to think I am  "weird".  Today,  let the witching begin.  It is also the start of Countdown to Halloween - so excited!

 This year I will cover up cycled Halloween.  I will devote much of the blog to taking old stuff and turning it into Halloween decor.  You can save a lot of money and create a bespoke piece that your children will treasure forever (or perhaps donate back to the thrift store from whence it came!).   I have tried to stay out of the box stores and shop second hand this year.

So for my first project, I picked up these shitty  plastic sconces at the thrift store.

They are pretty cheesy.  But a little black paint (I used oil based enamel) and they look great beside a spooky picture.









5 comments:

  1. I like those and with the black paint what an amazing transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love up-cycling and black paint. As always, you have a great eye for items that can benefit from both. They look very classic haunted house now.

    ReplyDelete