Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Christmas is coming for Halloween

It was bad enough when I hit the stores yesterday to find all the Halloween items reduced to one tiny rack while Christmas spreads its greedy fingers throughout the displays.  No, this morning I awoke to this - jolly white stuff all over everything,  adding a "ho ho ho" and "where's the mistletoe" feeling to my favorite spooky night.


The view off of our back deck Halloween 2018



Plans must change - I was going to take my little pal - she is 4 - trick or treating while his Lordship kept the haunt.  But I think cold, windy and snowy might be to much for her.  So into Manitou Springs for merchant trick or treat.  I hope they give out more than smarties and tootsie rolls.  Then her parents will come to dinner and pick her up.
The table is set for Halloween Dinner
Got to get cracking.  Have a pumpkin to carve, a pumpkin pie to make, and lighting to work out for my drenched haunt.  Happy Halloween everyone and remember - stay flexible!

12 comments:

  1. unbelievable! Happy Halloween Lady M. Make the best of it, it sounds like you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow on the tombstones is lovely. I adore the 50% off, or more, weeks before Halloween. It is still shocking to have Christmas completely up last week. Have a very Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 75% at Cost Plus, 70% at Michaels, 70% at Joannes.

      Delete
  3. The plus side is all these wonderful pictures. The gravestones look so eerie, the owl is adorable with the big poof of snow and your gate looks incredibly cool. You could make a whole set of Creepmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you like a Creepmas card? I will make you one.

      Delete
    2. No one’s ever made me a Creepmas card, I don’t know what to say…Except that would be absolutely wonderful, thank you!

      Delete
  4. "Halloween items reduced to one tiny rack while Christmas spread its greedy fingers throughout the displays." Brilliant line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - that's is how I feel - every year Christmas starts earlier so Halloween get pushed back to July. It's nuts!

      Delete
  5. At least your tombstones look cool and somehow even more realistic under the snow! I know what you mean about the Christmas vibe in the stores. I was in an At Home store today and they were blasting Christmas music! And one that I really didn't want to hear: "Let it Snow!" And I'm pretty sure you'd be in agreement. ;) I hope you guys had a fun time trick-or-treating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the Christmas music - by the time the holiday rolls around, I am so burnt out on the music. A pity really because I enjoy that music - just not for 2 months straight.

      Delete
  6. The snow gods played a trick on your treats!

    ReplyDelete