Friday, August 17, 2018

Capitalism comes to the Haunted Parlor

This weekend in my little Hamlet of Manitou is the Pikes Peak Marathon.  Yes it is that crazy time when people from all over the globe run up and down this mountain. 


On Sunday, the town is closing the street and having a crazy sidewalk party.  The Manitou Springs Heritage Center will have a booth there and his Lordship is going to take some of my wares to sell as a fundraiser for the Heritage Center, just to test the market.  He is such a capitalist.

Thus, he wanted me to do a little branding.  I got on photo shop and came up with a Lady M logo to I could price my items.  I printed them on tea stained card stock. 


What are Lady M's wares you may ask?  Well first we have pictures printed on authentic 1920's newspapers that came out of the Heritage center back in February.  They are in distressed thrift store frames.

Next we have plates that came out of the Tajin Alami back in April.  They are vintage Buffalo restaurant wear china and naturally, I put some skulls on them with water slide decals.  Hope they are not to morbid for the general public.
Finally, I have completed some witch bottles with my homemade labels and hopefully, will manage a pillow or two!  Busy but it all benefits a good cause, the Manitou Springs Heritage Center.


No comments:

Post a Comment