Wednesday, October 4, 2017

The "New" Parlor

We moved this summer and I would like to give you some idea of the canvas I have to decorate this year.  It will be a light year as I am not having a party.  However, I do have out of town company coming for a visit.

I affectionately refer to this house as "Hillbilly Haven".  The house has a salt box roof but does not have New England features.  It is an architectural style I have coined "Colorado Weird".


 We plan to cover the back porch in beer signs in true hillbilly fashion.  Only craft beers, though, because I am an upscale hillbilly.

 



 
These are some views of the first story.



What do you think - skeletons hanging from that bannister???
We bought the house for three reasons - the view of Pikes Peak, the fireplaces (it has two) and the relatively flat lot for Manitou.  Hello kitchen garden! 

Pikes peak right outside the front door.  A view of a red rock canyon and the Garden of the Gods out the back. 
 
 This is the basement fireplace. Perfect for a Dungeon.

So what do you think?  What is your vision for this Haunted Parlor?

No comments:

Post a Comment